Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yvonne's Brownies...healthier foods to come ;)


I have always been satisfied with brownies out of a box until I made these. These homemade brownies are different; healthier and not as oily. This recipe is from my mom's good friend, Yvonne VanWinkle. She is an amazing cook and even though we don't get together with the VanWinkle family much anymore, I will never forget her good cookin'.

I made these yesterday and they remind me of the type of homemade brownies you'd get in a restaurant that comes with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream. Taking a little extra time to make them from scratch is totally worth it!

As you can tell, a lot of my recipes are dessert. Believe it or not, I have a lot of healthy recipes, mostly dinners, and will be posting those next. ;)

__________________________________________________________________

Preheat oven to 325

1/2 cup butter (I used unsalted)
2-1oz squares unsweetened chocolate
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teasp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teasp baking powder
1/2 teasp salt

Melt butter & chocolate together over very low heat, stir constantly
Cool mixture

In a large bowl, beat eggs & sugar together
Add chocolate mixture
Stir in vanilla

In a small bowl, mix:
Flour
Baking powder
Salt

Add dry ingredients to large bowl & mix well

Bake in greased square 8"x8" pan
30-35 min

No comments:

Post a Comment