Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Famous Macaroni & Cheese!!!

This recipe is from my mom's 7th grade home ec class. Once anyone tries this, they swear they won't ever make the Kraft boxed macaroni again.

*Cook 1 cup (heap the cup) dry macaroni according to package directions & drain (I like the large elbow pasta)

*Set cooked macaroni aside

*In another pan, make cheese sauce:
-Melt 2 tbsp butter in pan (use stick butter & NOT margarine)
-Stir in 2 tbsp flour, 1/4 teasp salt, & a few shakes pepper
-Mix well
-Stir in 1/2 cup water, stir continually, boil 2 min while stirring
-Stir in 1/2 cup canned milk; heat but try not to boil
-Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp is best)
-Stir in pasta and combine

I always double this recipe for Juan and me so we have leftovers and make peas with it. Juan mixes the macaroni & cheese and peas.

I add a lot of black pepper to mine once it's on my plate. :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment